Why did they let the turkey join the band?
Because he had drumsticks.
Why did the police arrest the turkey?
They suspected fowl play.
What do you get after eating too much turkey?
Dessert of course.
Thanksgiving dinner takes 18 hours to prepare. It is consumed in 20 minutes. Half-time takes 20 minutes. This is not a coincidence.
Don't assume you're always going to be understood. I once wrote in a column that one should put a cup of liquid in the cavity of turkey when roasting it. Some one wrote me: "The turkey tasted great, but the plastic cup melted!
Crispy Rosemary Potato Cakes
- 2 TB. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 TB. Rosemary
- 1 TB. parsley flakes
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup panko ( Japanese bread crumbs- found in baking aisle)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- crumbled cooked bacon or use real bacon bits that come in a jar
- Preheat oven 425
- Heat nonstick fry pan with oil and cook onion for about 2 minutes
- Place cooked mashed potatoes (use ricer to get lumps out) in a bowl
- Stir in onion, cheese and crumbled bacon
- Divide potato mixture into about 8 equal portions and chill for 20 minutes
- Place panko in a shallow dish, add rosemary, parsley flakes, salt and pepper
- Dredge potato patties in panko mixture
- Place patties on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with PAM
- Bake 425 for 12-15 minutes
- Turn patties over and bake another 12 minutes or until golden
Idea: Serve with your favorite meatloaf