Bat Cupcakes from The Daily Southern
Bat Cupcakes make a great Halloween dessert. They are so quick and easy to make, but the kids seem to really love them.
- 1 package of chocolate cake mix (or your own favorite recipe - I like to add a packet of chocolate pudding into the mix to make it extra tasty and moist)
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 1 package of fudge striped cookies
- 1 package of Hershey's kisses
- 1 tube of red gel decorator icing
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions on the package (throw in the pudding if you like). Pour into muffin tins and bake. For added fun, use Halloween paper liners.
- Allow cupcakes to completely cool. They can even be prepared ahead of time and then decorated when you are ready.
- Ice the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting.
- Break the fudge striped cookies in half and place them on the cupcake with the stripe sides down. If you want the bats to be 'in flight' you can poke the wings into the cupcake with the striped side facing the back.
- Place an unwrapped chocolate kiss on each cupcake laying on it's side with the point facing forward to form the body of the bat.
- Use the red gel icing to make two beady eyes on the pointy end of the kiss.