It was certainly a depressing place with a huge gambol roof
which came down over the upper window
and nearly obscured them.
There was a half moon, and by it's light
they could see the garden
was a tangle of scrappy, winter vegetation,
which had in some places,
almost overgrown the path.
It was all very still, very gloomy
and very ominous.
.by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
So if you are out tonight on your trick and treat rounds and see such a place walk and speak softly and be sure to hold tightly onto your bag.
The photo on the left is one of the world's largest pumpkins being weighed
- Halloween is the second most celebrated holiday
- Halloween generates millions of dollars with candy sales in the US alone. Over $2, 000,000 worth of candy are bought each year.
- It is believed when you see a spider on Halloween that is supposed to be the spirit of a loved one watching over you.
- Samhainophobia is a medical term for a person who is in constant fear of Halloween celebrations. it came from the ancient Celts Lord of dead. note:it is a real word
- Halloween was brought to the US and rest of North America by Europeans. They would celebrate their good harvest around a large bonfire telling stories of ghosts and spirits and enjoying the night.
Enjoy your evening! And hope you get your favorite candy treats