Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, November 21, 2011

The World According to Bella


Field Trip
This was a field trip fit for a queen! Climbing rocks, a picnic area with the most incredible smells and seeing my first herd of buffalo was a dream come true. I had been napping in my usual place near the window with the sun streaming through feeling toasty warm and quite sleepy after a vigorous run at the dog park. But my ears immediately perked up when I heard "Who wants to go on a field trip?" Believe me, I did not need a second invite! I leaped up and bounded toward the door. I wasn't sure exactly what field trip meant but did catch the "go" part. Since I love a car ride I leaped into the backseat in a flash just in case they changed their minds about taking me. They even had snacks for me and water. Wow this was going to be some day!
Remember that picture posted recently of the Mississippi River? Well I must say rock climbing was just the best. My owner struggled to keep a tight rein on me. Guess they thought I might tumble off the cliffs. Up some hundred  feet made my tummy a bit queasy.  But what a great view of the mighty river. Really having four legs to climb over rocks gave me serious gripping advantage. They had nothing to worry about.
Park sniffling was the best. I couldn't get enough of it. Seemed like my exuberance might be wearing my owner out as I tugged on the leash to go here and there. Several hours later we stopped at a place that had a pasture of a herd of buffaloes. Sure glad they were high up on a hill. Their large size seemed scary to me and they did not look one bit friendly. 
Our last stop was a crazy sculpture park  But I was so disappointed. Lizard Lounge was closed. And I heard they had good food. But at least I got my picture taken to show you.

__________________________________________________________     

Turkey Wild Rice Salad
Ingredients:
  • 5 cups cooked wild rice
  • 2 cups chopped white turkey meat
  • 1-2 cups finely chopped celery
  • ¾ cups chopped green onion
  • 1 cup salted cashews
  • 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
  • 1 ½ -2 cups Miracle Whip
  • 1 TB. dried Tarragon
  • ! TB. dried parsley flakes
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Directions:
  • In a small bowl mix spices, mustard and Miracle Whip
  • In a large bowl mix wild rice, turkey, cranberries or cherries, celery and onion
  • Add Miracle Whip mixture to salad ingredients BUT only enough till moistened (if need more dressing remake in a separate bowl and halve dressing ingredients amounts)
  • Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours
  • Can serve on mixed greens
  • Sprinkle cashews on top of salad right before serving

    Breaking News: Image posted from last year's ceremony WILLMAR, Minn. (AP) — Two Minnesota grown turkeys get an official send-off at Willmar High School on Monday before going to Washington to be pardoned by President Barack Obama on Wednesday.
    They come from a flock of 30 potential presidential turkeys raised and socialized by FFA members in Willmar.
    The White House tradition dates to 1947. Minnesota is the country's top turkey producer, and the lucky tom comes from the farm of National Turkey Federation Chairman Richard Huisinga, who'll present it to the first family. Four students will also travel to Washington.
    Minnesota turkeys have starred at White House pardons 11 times, most recently in 2005.

    Both birds will live out their days at George Washington's Mount Vernon estate. The remaining 28 will be processed and the meat donated to Willmar area food shelves.
    Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

    There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...