who dart about
scooping up mosquitoes
for a tasty meal.
glistening in the sunlight.
moving at a very fast pace.
suddenly dart upward
and even side to side.
are often mistaken for fairies.
But pay close attention
since both are out and about.
this free verse is a work in progress
Today being Up North presented me with several Kodak moments. First the swarm of dragonflies, then catching some sunbathing loons on the lake and a glimpse of a bald eagle perched beside its nest. I posted these pictures for you to enjoy.
Continue your holiday celebration with Hot Chocolate Wacky Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 TB. melted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1- 3/4 cup hot coffee
- 3 TB. Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 350
- Use an 8 inch square glass pan
- Sift flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, salt in bowl
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, chocolate chips, vanilla, and Kahlua
- Blend with a wooden spoon till smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Spread it in the glass pan
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa
- Sprinkle over the batter
- Pour hot coffee evenly over the top
- Bake till top feels firm and edges just begin to bubble from the sauce that has formed underneath about 35 minutes
- Let sit 15 minutes to cool slightly before serving
- Spoon out portions of cake and sauce
optional serve with whip cream or vanilla ice cream