Earlier in the day I was forced to make a sudden stop while driving on a township road. A very large turtle was talking its time crossing the road. It is not uncommon this time of the year for turtle crossings as they seek out places to bury their eggs.
Showy spring flowers required another photo stop. Hope you enjoy the pictures and the recipe below.
- 1/2 package of coleslaw mix
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cucumber cut in thin slices
- 1/2 package of snap peas
- 1/2 package chow mein noddles
- 4 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
Toss all ingredients, add dressing and chill for 30 minutes
1/3 cup peanut butter, 1/2 tsp. curry powder, 1/2 tsp. each of salt, garlic powder, ground ginger. Whisk together 1/3 cup water, 2 TB lemon juice and 2Tb. olive oil till smooth and add to other ingredients.
Tip: If short on time use your favorite purchased Asian type dressing