Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Star is Reborn

Chapter 19
Written by Rocky Socky
Last weekend set me back a bit. It was my weekend off and I really wanted to get to the Sock Mart to see how Holokai, Will, Kai and Palti were doing entertaining the crowds. We all rode the Sockland Express bus which pulled up to the store right at 10:00. What a surprise to see such a large crowd so early in the morning. As soon as we stepped off the bus the crowd rushed toward us screaming "It's him! It's him! Can you sign my book? Please! Please!!" And the surprising thing was they all had copies of my new book. Will seemed quite pleased by all of this because he had Kai and Palti scheduled to sit at a table inside the store selling copies of my book.
Now I had not expected all this commotion over my book at the Sock Mart. The manager seemed quite happy to see me again. He was waving my new book
Rocky Socky Adventures: The Road Trip in his hand which only made the crowd get more excited.
"All right everybody inside, we have a whole table of Rocky Socky's new book for anyone who wants to buy it," said the manager.
So I ended up signing a lot of autographs while Will got ready for the first performance. I found out that this week's drawing for sock monkey socks was being replaced with a copy of my new book. The manager had me do the drawing right after Holokai's performance.
But it was at that very moment when I shouted out the winning number - pandemonium broke out!
There was arguing, pushing, shoving as the crowd closed in on me waving their ticket stubs, "I've got it! I've got it! I've got it!" shouted one, then another, another and another.
"But how can this be?" I said to the crowd.
Sure enough each ticket did have the same number. At this point the manager who had quite a stressed look
said. "How could this happen?"
It was at that very minute when I heard giggling and laughing over in the corner I knew who was responsible for this mix-up. Those mischievous elves were getting their revenge on the gnomes who had partnered up with the sock fairies. Thanks heavens some quick thinking saved the day. I told the manager anyone who had a ticket stub for this drawing could get a free copy of my book. After the excitement died down I FINALLY had time to watch Holokai's second performance.
By 2:00 all my books were sold out and the manager was busy on the phone ordering more for Sunday and the following weekend. I must say all this has been quite exciting. I never thought my book would be so successful.

All Rights Reserved Ready 2010

__________________________________________________________________
An easy pre-summer salad Blueberry Gorgonzola Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 (5-oz) package mixed salad greens
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
  • 1 cup roasted salted almonds or glazed walnuts
  • 1/4 cup fresh chives
  • 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
  • 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
  • 1 cucumber sliced
1 bottle raspberry-walnut vinaigrette
Directions:
Toss all ingredients and drizzle dressing about 3/4 cup on salad greens just before serving



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...