It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies,
but just as much to stand up to our friends.
Jane Austin is the pinnacle
to which all authors aspire.
How could one resist a sweet treat? Certainly not me! Recently I was gifted with a small silver box wrapped with a bright yellow bow. Inside were 4 truffles just begging to be sampled. Now these weren't just your ordinary truffles purchased from a store but ones that were homemade and made with very few ingredients one being Oreo cookies. Perhaps you will find this easy recipe just the thing to make your day much happier and brighter.
recipe supplied by Dennie
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 lb. Oreos
- 1 lb. milk or dark chocolate
- 1/2 pound white chocolate
- Whole Almond
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
- Grind Oreos to fine powder in food processor.
- With a mixer blend cookie powder and cream cheese till thoroughly mixed-there should be no white traces of cream cheese, add liqueur and blend
- Roll into a ball (a little less than golf ball size) and place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet
- Chill about 45 minutes
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper
- In double boiler melt chocolate or microwave
- Dip balls and coat thoroughly
- Using a slotted spoon lift out of chocolate and let excess drip off
- Place on cookie sheet
- Using a fork drizzle white chocolate over ball and press whole almond on top
- Let cool and keep refrigerated
- Melt chocolate slowly in microwave so as to prevent over melting rather than double boiler
- Add other flavorings
- Use food coloring
- Reverse white and dark chocolate
- Can use reduced fat cream cheese
I could not let this day pass by without noting that one of my favorite book series is celebrating a birthday...
Today is Harry Potter's Birthday. The boy wizard Harry James Potter was born July 31st. 1980. It is the same birthday as author J.K. Rowling born in 1965.
For trivia fans HP books have been translated into over 62 languages.
Here are three questions to think about
1. What is the name of Albus Dumbldore's phoenix?
2. Which Hogwarts house does Harry call home?
3. Who are Muggles?