Scrambled Eggs with Boursin Cheese and Spinach
Cook's notes: Its easy, fast to make and looks fancy. These creamy scrambled eggs are sure to be a family favorite. Another delicious flavor combo would be topping the scrambled eggs with a piece of smoked salmon or cooked ham slice. The egg dish is served over whole grain toast. Recipe serves 2-3 and adapted from Carla Hall co-host of The Chew.
- 1 TB. butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. each dried chives and parsley flakes
- 2 TB. from a package of Boursin Garlic and Herb Cheese or Alouette Garlic and Herb
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed
- In a blender add eggs, cream, spices and Boursin cheese. Blend well.
- In a large skillet melt butter on a medium high heat. Add egg mixture and spinach leaves.
- Gently stir in a figure-eight motion until eggs are cooked, creamy and not dry. It just takes a few minutes.
Great idea for a kid's party -freeze ice cream scoops ahead of time.