Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Weekend Round-Up

Some of the Week's Best
Quotes
Always be a beginner
than you're always learning
always growing
you're trying to do something that 
maybe you think you can't.













Recipes
Cook's notes: Recipe ideas to use up the last of summer's bounty
Herbed Tomato Tarts
Tiny Tomato Tarts
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tiny-tomato-tarts
Cook's notes:Recipe ideas for a late summer lunch or shower.
Blackberry Brie Pizzettas
Bourbon Peach Upside Down Cake
Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
Cherry Tomatoes
by Anne Higgins

Suddenly it is August again, so hot,
breathless heat.
I sit on the ground
in the garden of Carmel,
picking ripe cherry tomatoes
and eating them.
They are so ripe that the skin is split,
so warm and sweet
from the attentions of the sun,
the juice bursts in my mouth,
an ecstatic taste,
and I feel that I am in the mouth of summer,
sloshing in the saliva of August.
Hummingbirds halo me there,
in the great green silence,
and my own bursting heart
splits me with life.

2 comments:

  1. The poem is beautiful and so visual. I can taste the tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quotes, especially the second. And the recipes, as always, sound great.

    ReplyDelete

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...