Nature is painting for us,
day after day,
pictures of infinite beauty.
(English artist and a leading art critic of the Victorian era)
Avocado and Grilled Chicken Salad with Low Fat Chipotle Lime Ranch Dressing
Cook's notes: A delicious simple salad with lots of fresh flavors. The secret is the dressing which is light and quite tasty. If you want to amp up the spice level use 2 chipotle peppers.
Recipe adapted from cookingclassy.com and served about 4.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and diced or four cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium avocados (semi-firm but ripe), peeled, cored and diced
- 1- 1/2 cups fresh corn or 1 can Steamfresh corn
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese or shredded jalapeno or cheddar
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low fat buttermilk, then more as needed
- 2 TB. fresh lime juice
- 1 chipotle chile peppers, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and gently toss. Plate and serve with Chipotle-Lime Ranch Dressing.
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until chipotle pepper is well minced. Add in a few more tablespoons of buttermilk to thin as needed. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.