Fudge Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
Cook's notes: A heavenly treat for all those chocolate lovers. Recipe comes from Crunchy, Creamy Sweet site.Ingredients for the brownies:
- 10 TB. unsalted butter
- 1 c granulated sugar
- ¼ c packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ c + 2 TB. unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ c all-purpose flour
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- ¼ c + 2 TB. heavy whipping cream
- 1½ TB. granulated sugar
- 1½ TB. corn syrup
- 9 Hershey's Chocolate Hearts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 8"x8" baking pan with foil. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt together butter, sugars, cocoa powder and salt. Whisk together.
- When all the butter has melted and everything is mixed together, remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool. It should be warm but not hot or it will scramble the eggs.
- At this point, I poured the cocoa mixture into a mixing bowl and mixed for 2 minutes. You can use whisk or wooden spoon.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When your batter looks shiny, it's time to add flour. Add it all at once and beat until it disappears in the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Place chocolate in a small mixing bowl.
- Bring the cream, sugar and corn syrup to boil. Pour over chocolate. Do not stir. Let sit for at least 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour over brownies. Let set for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Arrange the chocolate hearts. Chill the brownies in the fridge until set, about 1 hour.
Who can resist this easy sweet Valentine's Day treat. All you need is Cherry 7-Up, vanilla ice cream and a red licorice straw.
Cupcakes decorated with red hots candy.