Cook's notes: Refrigerated cheese ravioli is a great starter for meal planning. It's readily available and so versatile when added in with other ingredients.
Ravioli with Cacio Pepe Sauce
Recipe adapted from Michael White People Magazine April 2016 Serves 2.
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Roman cheese
- 1 10 oz. package cheese ravioli, Sausage or Cheese and Spinach
- 2 TB. butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to saucepan. Toss with butter, cover and set aside.
- Bring cream and chicken broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add cheeses and season with pepper.
- Divide ravioli evenly among serving plates. Spoon sauce evenly over ravioli, Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.
Cook's notes:Recipe adapted from lemontreedwellrng.com
- 1 (25 oz.) package cheese ravioli
- 1 TB. olive oil or Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 c. diced butternut squash
- 1/3 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 TB. butter
- Prepare ravioli according to package instructions. Drain pasta return to pan,cover and set aside.
- Set temperature at 400 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss butternut cubes in olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle cubes with cinnamon and sage. Stir in walnuts and roast 15 minutes or until tender
- Mix 1 TB butter with butternut squash and serve butternut squash mixture over ravioli. Top with Parmesan cheese.