I just happened to have a box of granola mix left from a a breakfast yogurt dish so it was perfect timing for Dark Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies.
This recipe was adapted from BHG Easy Holiday Cooking 2014. It makes 36 cookies.
- 2-2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter or 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup almond granola
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Change parchment paper with each batch.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter or butter and margarine for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in chips,granola and oats.
- Chill dough in freezer for 45 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls about 1-1/2 inches and place on parchment line sheet.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool.