The SceneAfter hours and hours of wishing, wanting, craving, desiring, panting and then total exasperation setting in I managed to escape! I couldn't believe my luck when I heard my owner open the sliding glass door to bring something out in the backyard. I did not hesitate a minute pushed by her and out I flew! Freedom at last! I bounded through the new snowfall galloping at a breathtaking speed past homes. I safely crossed the icy pond to the island. It was a dream come true to explore this island which has always been out of my reach forever. I ignored all the shouts, yelling and angry voices. I was on my own and loved every minute of my" excellent island adventure."
But...just to make them happy I would reappear several times close to the house so they would know I hadn't fallen in the water or been eaten up by some scary things out on the island. My quick speed made it difficult for them to catch me. As soon as it looked like I would be caught I whipped off in a different direction. For them there were a few heart stopping moments watching me navigate the slippery, icy pond water back and forth across to the island.
After awhile my exploring excitement died down. Feeling cold, hungry and very wet I knew it was time to stop. But I did manage to trick them. While they kept up their shouting out back I circled around the house and screeched to a halt at the front door. Just as my paw was ready to pounce the bell I was whisked inside. My best tail wag and sweet puppy eyes did not do the trick this time. I was in the doghouse! But oh- I didn't care-what fun I had!
Florentine Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (6-1/2 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1-8oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp prepared garlic
- 1-1/2 cups french bread crumbs (made from a baguette chopped in food processor)
- 2 TB. butter melted
- grated Provolene cheese
- Lightly grease a glass pie pan
- Preheat oven 375
- Combine drained spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, mayo, garlic, lemon juice
- Beat until smooth
- Spoon into pie pan
- Grate provolone cheese over top
- Combine breadcrumbs, melted butter and 1 TB. parsley flakes
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on dip mixture
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes but check at 20 should be bubbly