Cook's notes: Blueberry-Peach Salsa is a versatile condiment that can be used in a variety of ways; served over pork or chicken, as an appetizer with goat cheese or warmed Brie.
recipe adapted from Southern Living July 2014
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 large peaches, peeled and diced
- 3 Tb. minced shallots or red onion
- 3 TB. fresh basil
- 3 TB. fresh chives
- 3 TB. hot pepper jelly
- 1 TB. olive oil
- Coarsely chop half of the blueberries and toss with whole blueberries.
- Add remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let salsa set at room temperature, serve or cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve salsa.
Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Peach Salsa
Pork with Blueberry Peach Salsa
Blueberry-Peach Salsa on Goat Cheese Crostini
- Drizzle baguette slices with olive oil and bake on a parchment covered cookie sheet 6-8 minutes.
- Add slices of Crottin de Chavignol (type of French goat cheese) to each slice.
- Bake 3-4 minutes longer and top with Blueberry-Peach Salsa
Blueberry-Peach Salsa on Warmed Brie
On a parchment covered cookie sheet add Brie and warm at 350 degrees 3-4 minutes.
Spoon Blueberry-Peach Salsa over the top of the warmed Brie.