The sauce can be made in advance.
Suggested wine pairings include: Rose, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Beaujolais.
- ½ cup sweet onions, chopped or minced shallots
- 1 TB. vegetable oil
- 1-cup tomato sauce
- 1-cup seedless raspberry jam
- ¼ cup each good quality balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. each Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce
- salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Sweat shallots or onions in vegetable oil on medium heat until softened 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in tomato sauce, jam, balsamic and red wine vinegars, Dijon and Worcestershire.
- Simmer sauce 10 minutes, and then season with salt, black pepper and pepper flakes.
- 6 TB. Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 3 TB. Dark Chocolate or White Balsamic Vinegar or White Pomegranate Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon
- Mixed greens
- 2 oranges, peeled, cut into segments
- 1-pint blueberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- Optional ½ cup feta or goat cheese crumbles
- Whisk vinegar and Dijon together, add in oil and mix all ingredients in a screw top jar.
- Drizzle with dressing right before serving.