Red, White and Blueberry Shortcakes
Cook's notes: This patriotic dessert pairs well with your grilled holiday meal. The recipe works because the pound cake slices can be grilled along side main meal and fresh berries are plentiful this time of the year.
Serves 4 recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 TB. powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 1 Tb. butter
- 8 slices prepared pound cake (I tested with Sara Lee frozen pound cake)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 TB strawberry preserves
- Melt butter,brush both sides of cake slices and grill a few minutes on each side. Cut pound cakes in half on the diagonal.
- Beat cream with powdered sugar until stiff. Blend in blueberry preserves and fold in blueberries. Refrigerate.
- Mix sliced strawberries with strawberry preserves.
- To assemble place 1/4 of strawberry mixture in center of plate. Add cake slices on either side, overlapping. Add a dollop of blueberry whip cream mixture on top.
- Garnish with a decorative flag pick.
that you can peel a head of garlic with two bowls? Place a full head of garlic into a bowl.
Place another same-sized bowl over top.
Now, hold on to the two sides of the bowl/egg/spaceship that you’ve created and shake the dickens out of it. In Martha’s Stewart's video she shakes it for about 17 seconds. It took me a little longer. It was about 3 sets of 15 seconds with breaks in between.
Follow this link for more details. It really is an amazing trick and does work!http://creeklinehouse.com/2013/08/peeling-whole-head-of-garlic-in-just.html