Cook's notes: A family birthday was the perfect opportunity to try this recipe and we were not disappointed. What's not to love with chocolate, toffee bits, almonds and a touch of sea salt. One of the best parts of this recipe was using only a 2 quart pan to mix ingredients.
It was possible to put together the entire recipe in this pan!
recipe adapted from twopeasandapod
Almond Toffee Sea Salt Brownies
Cook's notes: I was unable to find these almonds so I substituted sliced almonds and sprinkled almonds with a sea salt grinder.Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter
- 2-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 TB. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1- 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1- 1/2 cups toffee bits, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Sea Salt Almonds or a 2 oz. package of almond slices sprinkled with sea salt
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on the top of brownies, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan,set over low heat, melt the butter then whisk in sugar and stir to combine. Whisk until mixture is shiny, but do not let it bubble or boil, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In the same pan whisk in the cocoa, baking powder, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Whisk in the eggs and stir until smooth.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and 1 cup of the toffee bits. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits and chopped roasted almonds evenly over the brownie batter. Sprinkle with additional sea salt, if desired.
- Bake the brownies for about 25 minutes or until they are set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean, or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove pan from the oven and cool on a rack. Cut into squares and serve.
- Note-the brownies will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days. They are great served with a scoop of ice cream!