Try this creative approach to cooking with Walleye and Spring Vegetables Baked in Parchment Paper.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living May 2015
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus
- ½ cup mini sweet peppers, diced
- ¾ cup onion rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 baby red potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 TB. olive oil, Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, Organic Basil or Garlic Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp. each parsley, thyme and Rosemary or ¾ tsp. herbs de Provence
- 4 walleye fillets or another favorite fish
- 2 TB. butter
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper
- For each packet use a 15 x 15 parchment sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off woody ends of asparagus. In a large bowl add asparagus, peppers, onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with spices.
- Toss veggies with 2 TB. olive oil. Divide mixture between two parchment sheets and center in the middle of the sheet.
- Top veggies with fish fillets. Sprinkle with additional parsley flakes, dot each packet with 1 TB. butter and juice squeezed from a lemon half. Salt and pepper fish fillets.
- Bring 2 sides of parchment paper to center, fold together and press down. Twist ends. Use a little water to moisten the paper so it sticks together better.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Open a small section of the center fold of packets to check on potatoes and carrots. Return to oven if more cooking time is needed. If grilling check at 20 minutes. Serve immediately.