Well today's blog posting is offering you a salad makeover! Monday May 25th I posted a recipe for Cucumber Potato Salad with Ranch Dressing. I lightened up the dish using low fat buttermilk and lite Miracle Whip and lite sour cream. It did not compromise the taste still retaining its great flavor. I did make the new edits to original recipe posted on Monday.
Cucumber Potato Salad with Ranch Dressing
Cook's notes: Serves 6-8 and options include adding halved cherry tomatoes and thinly sliced radishes.
Recipe adapted from Cuisineathome June 2015
- 1-1/2 lbs. red skinned baby potatoes, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup lite mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup each low fat buttermilk and lite sour cream
- 3 TB. fresh dill or 1 TB. dried dill
- 1 TB. dried parsley flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TB. cider vinegar
- 1 TB. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved and patted dry on a paper towel.
- 3/4 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup diced red onions or green onions
- Cook potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender, drain.
- Hard boil 4 eggs. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool, then peel and quarter. Refrigerate eggs and potatoes in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, buttermilk, sour cream, dill, parsley flakes, garlic,vinegar, mustard and salt for dressing. Season with pepper.
- Add diced cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes and onions to the bowl with potatoes and chopped eggs. Add dressing, toss to coat. There may be extra dressing. Save if needed when serving. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Refrigerate for several hours for flavors to meld.
Check out this link to 36 Genius Kitchen Tips you may have not known about.