Cook's notes: Easy appetizers that will give you more time to spend with your guests.
Boursin Prosciutto Phyllo CupsIngredients:
Recipe makes 24 appetizers.
- 1 package premade frozen mini phyllo cups (I used Athens Mini Fillo Shells)
- 1 5.2 ounce package Garlic and Herb Boursin cheese
- 6 slices prosciutto, diced or deli ham
- ½ cup sliced green onion, plus more for garnish
- Take the mini phyllo cups out of the freezer and set aside
- In a medium frying pan, fry the prosciutto until crispy. You don't need oil, the fat from the prosciutto will work its magic on its own. Take off of the heat and drain
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crispy prosciutto or ham, green onion, and boursin
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture into each phyllo cup and garnish with more green onion
- Refrigerate until serving.
Recipe from myrecipes.com
- 8 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp.each kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and place in refrig.
- Cut a loaf of French bread into 1/2-inch slices. Place bread slices onto a baking sheet.
- At this point you have two serving options. You can:
Toast the bread by itself in a 425-degree oven for 3-4 minutes and then add the chilled tomato mixture to the top.Cook's notes"
I tried both ways and I slightly favor the toasted bread with the chilled tomato mixture on top.
Top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and serve! Delish!
- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 3 (8-oz.) containers fresh small mozzarella cheese balls
- 60 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- prepared Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water.
- Thread 1 tomato half, 1 cheese ball, another tomato half, and 1 tortellini onto each skewer. Place skewers in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours. Transfer skewers to a serving platter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Discard any remaining vinaigrette.
Spicy Asian MeatballsMeatball Ingredients:
Recipe from gimmesomeoven.com
- 2 lbs. ground pork or ground beef
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup Panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- optional garnish: toasted sesame seeds, sliced scallions
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, mix together meatball ingredients until well-combined. Shape into balls (I made mine about 1-1/2 inches, which yielded about 35 meatballs, but 1 inch is probably standard), and place on a greased baking sheet or in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until meatballs are golden on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.
- While the meatballs are baking, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until blended. Once meatballs have finished cooking, you can either dip each meatball individually (using a toothpick) in the sauce mixture. Or you can pour the sauce over the meatballs and gently stir them until covered.
- Serve warm, and sprinkle with additional garnish if desired.
You can also keep these warm (after cooking) in the crock pot on a low setting.