Bake these mini-quiches for breakfast or brunch with ham and cheddar cheese in a muffin pan. They are sure to be family favorite. Pair the meal with a smoothie or fresh fruit.
The recipe is adapted from Taste of Home November 2015 and serves six.
Cook's notes: I really liked the ease of this recipe and it went together in 15 minutes. I used a standard size muffin pan. You could also make this quiche as an appetizer using a mini size muffin pan. The added secret ingredient of salad croutons was an intriguing piece.
- 1-1/2 cups salad croutons, any flavor (I used garlic and herb)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup deli ham, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2 % milk
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 6 cup muffin pan.
- Place croutons in a zip lock bag and crush slightly. Divide croutons among 6 muffin cups about 3 TB. per cup.
- Divide diced ham and cheese among the muffin cups.
- In a blender mix eggs, milk, parsley flakes and mustard.
- Divide milk/egg mixture among the muffin cups.
- Bake 18 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean from the center. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.