some of the week's bestStrawberry Chicken Bacon and Spinach Wrap with Poppyseed Dressing
A fresh and healthy wrap stuffed with juicy strawberries, bacon,chicken drizzled with your favorite low fat poppy-seed dressing.
Caprese Stuffed Portobellos with Balsamic Glazehttp://cafedelites.com/2015/07/01/caprese-stuffed-garlic-butter-portobellos/
Cook's notes: This dish is a crowd pleaser and super kid friendly. Ground beef can be substituted for the chicken. If you prefer your tacos not spicy, just omit the green chiles. The filling is enough for 8 taco shells but I could only fit 7 in a 9 x 9 pan. A Spanish rice side dish was paired with the chicken taco. The recipe was inspired by thecookierookie.com
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 1 LB. boneless, skinless chicken, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1-2 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced chunky tomato, basil and garlic, well drained
- 1 TB diced green green chiles
- 1- 10 count package Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded, divided
- Toppings such as sliced Jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes or any of your favorite taco toppings!
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Add onions to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the diced chicken, taco seasoning mix, well drained tomatoes, refried beans, 1 cup of cheese and green chiles. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up.
- To avoid soggy shells use a slotted spoon and place the chicken mixture, almost to the top of each shell.
- Sprinkle each shell generously with rest of shredded cheese, the more the better!
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and the edges of the shells are browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite topping.
An Amazing Legacy
"I hope I will be able to confide everything to you, as I have never been able to confide in anyone. And I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support."
These were the first entry words of Anne Frank in her new diary. It was a birthday gift for her 13th birthday from her parents while living in the annex. Who would have guessed this diary would become one of the most widely read pieces of non-fiction apart from the bible. It has been translated into 67 different languages. The diary was published by her father in 1947 after Anne's death. The red checkered notebook was named kitty after the cat Anne had to leave behind when her family went into hiding. The diary is a powerful story of a Jewish teenager's years spent in hiding during World War II. For someone who died so young Anne left a powerful legacy behind.
Today is Anne's birthday June 12th. She was born in 1929. The following quote is quite amazing and thought provoking coming from someone so young.
"Until all mankind, without exception, undergoes a great change, wars will be waged, everything that has been built up, cultivated and grown will be cut down and disfigured, to begin all over again after that."
Anne Frank, a diary entry for May 3, 1944