Overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole with Asparagus
Cook’s notes: This recipe is perfect for a special brunch, a holiday meal and overnight guests. It is prepared the day before, refrigerated and cooked the next day. How easy is that! It’s a decadent splurge meal when topped with a creamy Hollandaise sauce but oh, so good. English muffins are cut into pieces and layered with lots of chopped Canadian bacon and asparagus. Recipe serves six,
Knorrs Hollandaise Sauce packet is a great shortcut (timesaver) to making a homemade sauce. Follow packet directions and add in 1 TB. fresh lemon juice.
- 6 English muffins, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 (6-ounce) packages Canadian bacon, cut into small cubes (I used Canadian bacon that was not sliced as it is easier to cube. Ham steak cubes could be substituted)
- 1½ cups fresh asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- 1-1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk not skim ( I used 1 cup 2% and 1 cup half and half)
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 TB. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. each chives and parsley flakes
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet of hollandaise sauce mix made according to package directions, adding in 1 TB. lemon juice
- Grease well a 3 qt. baking dish and cube English muffins and Canadian bacon.
- Dice green onions and cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Spread half English muffin cubes evenly in baking dish. Layer half the Canadian bacon cubes, green onions and asparagus pieces over the muffin cubes. Sprinkle half of the Swiss cheese over this mixture. Repeat layers in same order ending with grated Swiss cheese.
- In a blender add in eggs, milk, salt, pepper, spices, salt and pepper and mustard. Mix well.
- Pour milk evenly over casserole dish. Press down cubes into milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring casserole to room temperature about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, uncover and cook 8-10 minutes longer.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of Hollandaise sauce.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TB. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Whisk together until well blended. Bring to a slow boil on a medium low heat, stirring occasionally and then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened.
Recipe previously postedhttp://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2016/02/add-little-zip-to-your-meal.htmlCranberry-Orange Mimosas are deliciously sweet and perfect for a holiday celebration!
Recipe from lemontreedwelling.com and serves four
- 1 bottle champagne
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- ¼ cup Triple Sec or Orange Liqueur
- fresh frozen cranberries
- Combine all ingredients; divide equally among champagne glasses.
For an individual drink:
- ¾ cup champagne
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 TB. cranberry juice
- 1 TB. Triple Sec or Orange Liqueur
- fresh frozen cranberries
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the Yule Log
read all about TV's history of the annual music which begins on Christmas Eve at
From Ever Ready