Cook's notes: A Valentine treat sure to win you over with lots of options, great flavor combinations and it's easy on the waistline. A second option listed in ingredients has more calories for those who might want to splurge for a special occasion. Depending on the size of the glass recipe serves 4-6. I used small wine glasses and had 5 servings. Recipe can be easily doubled.
- 1 loaf size angel food cake (store-bought)
- 1 regular size box of sugar free chocolate pudding or regular chcolate pudding mix
- skim milk or 2% milk
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 container lite whipped topping or 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tsp. almond extract or 2 TB amaretto
- optional shaved semisweet baking chocolate or a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips
- Remove whipped topping from freezer to soften or whip cream.
- Make chocolate pudding with milk according to package directions. Whisk in almond extract or amaretto. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse raspberries and drain on a paper towel.
- Tear angel food cake into small chunks.
- Steps to assemble:Line bottom of glass with a few cake chunks, add a heaping tablespoon of pudding, top with a tablespoon of whip cream and a few berries. Repeat the layers again in same order ending with whipped topping. Top with a raspberry. Optional grating chocolate shaving on top of whip cream layer.
- Refrigerate at least four hours for best flavor.
- If you care to splurge even more-sprinkle a few candies around the serving dish for garnish.