- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2-1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup corn canned or frozen, drained
- 15 oz. pinto beans, drained and rinsed or black beans
- 2 TB. taco seasoning
- 8 oz. Sargento Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blends ( I checked it's a gluten free product) or 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese with 4 oz. freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- tortilla chips and avocado chunks
- Brown ground beef with onions, seasoning with salt and pepper, then drain if necessary and add to the bottom of a 5 qt. crock pot. Add enchilada sauce, beans, corn, taco seasoning, and shredded cheeses. Stir to combine. Cut cream cheese into hunks then nestle on top. Cook on low for 1-1/2 - 2 hours or until dip is hot and bubbly. Stir to completely incorporate the cream cheese then serve with tortilla chips or gluten-free tortilla chips .
- 3 TB. grapeseed oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 2 TB. Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Sweet Rice Flour or all-purpose flour (dish will not be GF if using AP flour)
- 3 TB. mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, dried oregano, onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. each garlic powder, cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat then add flour and whisk constantly for 2 minutes. Add seasonings, chili powder through cumin, then whisk for another 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste then whisk until combined, and slowly stream in chicken broth while whisking to create a smooth sauce. Cook for 1-2 more minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and cool slightly (can be done ahead of time.)
Cook's notes: Meatballs are a must for game day snacking. Take it up a notch with these these juicy and delicious slow cooker little meatballs.
- 2 lbs. frozen meatballs
- 1 large bottle prepared Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (this product is from Costco but any similar product works).
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- Mix 1 bottle chipolte sauce, juice and zest. Place frozen meatballs in a slow cooker. Pour the sauce over frozen meatballs and simmer until thoroughly cooked for an appetizer. You may need to add some water to make sure meatballs are covered.
- Optional idea place cooked sauced meatballs on a toasted sub bun with melted pepper jack cheese for a hearty sandwich.