Salmon and Cherry Chipotle Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 TB. fresh lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp each ground cumin and kosher salt
- For the glaze puree in blender or mini food processor: preserves, ketchup, lime juice, chipotle pepper, spices and salt.
- Salt and pepper salmon and grill on foil about 6 minutes a side. Baste fillets with cherry glaze the last few minutes of cooking time.
Recipe serves two.
- 10 baby assorted potatoes (Green Giant makes a product called Klondike Medley) halved and quartered
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced mixture red and yellow mini sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup green scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels (thawed)
- Peel potatoes and place in boiling water, reduce heat to medium low and cook 6 minutes and drain. Set aside.
- In a fry pan heat oil and saute onions, peppers, garlic for 2 minutes. Add in quartered potatoes and corn. Continue cooking until potatoes are browned and corn looks charred. Serve immediately.