Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Northwoods Book Arts Festival

The Northwoods Book Arts Festival in Hackensack today was a huge success. Not only was the weather great but it was well attended. There were an impressive number of artists, regional authors and poets. I enjoyed working there and meeting a lot of new people. I was certainly surprised to see one of the picture book authors. She was from the Twin Cities and I had taught her children a number of years back. I had an opportunity to read two poems that I had submitted for the poetry reading. While I did not win any awards I really enjoyed the experience. If you would like to see some of the photos I took they will posted on the following website: NorthwoodsArtsCouncil.org in the next few days.
Finding the dragonfly recently near my porch door (photo posted on a recent blog) inspired me to revise the following poem.
Dragonflies
Dragonflies...
aerial acrobats
darting about
scooping up mosquitoes
for a tasty meal.

Dragonflies...
hover airborne
moving upward-downward
and even side to side.

Dragonflies...
translucent wings
glisten in the light
speed demons
blitzing at a fast pace.

Dragonflies...
often mistaken for fairies
pay close attention
for only one is
watching and waiting
to play tricks on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...