Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bella's Roadside Adventures

Bella will be the guest blogger on this site over the next month and half. The adventure story: Bella Heads South will be told from her point of view. It will be posted in different installments with photos. As for me, while Bella pens her thoughts, I will be exploring Southern cuisine and sharing recipes.
________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 1: One Lucky Dog
As I was resting in my usual napping place near the front window, I began to notice a lot of increased activity. My owners were scurrying around the house, packing bags and making many trips out to the car. I began to pace back and forth frantically. I was getting more worried by the moment. What was going on? Where are they going? Am I going to be left behind?
"Hey what about me" I wanted to shout! They must have sensed my anxiousness and sat on the floor to calm me down. They showed me a book about Florida with pictures of beaches with fine white sand. They assured me we were all going and they had picked one of the most dog friendly places in the South. They told me stories of how dogs can run free on the beach. I should think of it as a big sandy dog park near lots and lots of water. I was skeptical. Why was I just hearing about this trip? And how long do I have to car ride to get to the place called Florida? None of my other dog friends had told me about stories about taking car trips so far away from home.
It wasn't until my owners showed me my packed bag that I began to relax. My bed, favorite treats, toys, food and even my water dish were safely stowed in the bag. It was then that I realized I really was going on a this long- long-long car trip. The even packed the book The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. They wanted me to hear the adventure story of Enzo, a yellow lab just like me. Enzo tells this heart-tugging and up lifting story from his point of view. Enzo lives with Denny, an aspiring race car driver, his wife Eve and young daughter Zoe. But my owners did warn me that the book has some sad moments so be prepared. Check it out and see for yourself. I don't think you will be disappointed.
So looks like this trip is...the real deal. I just don't know what to expect but it does seem rather exciting to go somewhere new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...