Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, April 3, 2011

End of the Line

Sometimes your joy
is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile
can be the source
of your joy
Thich Nhat Hanh
Final Chapter: The World According to Bella
After three long days on the road we finally made it home. My people told me I deserved a 10+ for the ride. Not once did they hear me say"Are we there yet?" But I can tell you that thought was in my head many, many times. My resting space for the ride home seemed to be so much smaller than I remembered when we began the trip. When I got bored riding in the back I would inch my way up to front as far as my people would allow. I liked to rest my head between my people listen to their conversations and hope some extra treats would come my way. We posted a photo.
Since my behavior was exemplary at the end I got an unexpected trip to the dog park. I ran like a gazelle freed at last. I wowed all my friends with tales of my adventures. They were amazed at the variety of foods from the beach seafood buffet I consumed and lived to tell.
As soon as car stopped I bounded inside. I was so excited to see all my stuff and a favorite quilt. I quickly snuggled into the folds of the quilt and that brought a huge smile to my face. My eyes seem to get heavier and heavier. Just as I was about to drift off to sleep I started thinking about another new adventure but this time it was about the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...