Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Comments on the Coconut Cake


Today I decided to make my own Mother's Day cake. The coconut cake posted earlier in the day seemed the perfect choice. It was a very easy recipe to make but I do have some comments. If you make it in a 13 x 9 pan it will need 30 minutes cooking time. For the frosting I sprinkled toasted coconut and crushed macadamia nuts which were a great addition. Next time I make this cake I thought making it as a two layer cake with a lemon filling would taste wonderful. My husband, who is my primary food critic, loved the cake as it was and ... ate the whole piece as shown in the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...