Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The World According to Bella



"To lie sometimes on the grass
under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water
or watching the clouds float across
the sky, is by no means a waste of time.

John Lubbock (UK) 
banker, politician, philanthropist, scientist
________________________________________________________
Maybe the night would have gone so much better if only Mr. C and Mrs. S had been told ahead of time Mulligan has never had a sleepover. I was excited for my best buddy Mulligan to spend the night with us. Mrs. S bought extra treats, filled up my water bowl, hauled all my toys out of the basket and fixed a bed for him out of blankets. I waited patiently for Mr. C to pick him up. 

We were forced to pay attention to all Mrs. S's rules what we could and couldn't do. I did hear her say something about not getting out of control and no roughhousing. 

The first part was fun playing tug-a-war. 
But then I had a hard time sharing my favorite orange rubber squeaky toy and really wanted it back. 
We ignored Mrs. S's yells to quiet down but after awhile I had to take a "time out". I went under the table to my usual napping spot. 


I was happy when I heard the words "bed-time" but wondered what Mulligan would do. My bed was not big enough to share.









I settled in my bed watching Mulligan pace back and forth. He did not like the blanket bed nor did he want mine. 




 Mrs. S and Mr. C settled in their bed and the lights went off.  All of a sudden a scream pierced through the air "Get off the bed!"
The lights went on and Mrs. S was having a meltdown. Seems someone forgot to tell Mulligan the CARDINAL RULE  at our house; no jumping up on the furniture which also means the bed. 
Mulligan had taken a flying leap,landed right into the bed between Mr. C and Mrs.S. but they were not having any part of this and made him get back off. Well the lights went out again and I tried my best to get back to sleep. But Mulligan was determined to get back a spot back on the bed and took another flying leap. This went on and on for many hours into the night with Mulligan on bed, lights on, Mulligan off. I was exhausted watching all of his antics and finally dozed off. A few hours later real loud snoring woke me up. I thought it must be Mr. C. but it was Mulligan. The sun was just coming through the blinds. There was Mulligan in the middle of the bed sound asleep and snoring.  As for Mr. C and Mrs. S they were practically hanging off their sides of the bed-they lost and Mulligan won this fight. What a night!
Love, Bella      
_______________________________________________________________
Cook's notes: The following are some appetizers perfect for your next summer grilling party. The ingredients were unusual combinations but the flavors really compliment each other.   
Avocado with Salmon
Use whole wheat toast rounds and top with prepared avocado spread. Add thin slices of salmon or use smoked salmon. Sprinkle with red onions and chives.
Melon Balls with Prosciutto and Rosemary Skewers  
Use a long skewer to thread 3 melon balls and prosciutto. On the top poke a small hole to add sprig of Rosemary. 
Pesto Tortellini Skewers
makes 24
spinach and cheese tortellini works well for this appetizer
Ingredients:
  • 10 oz. package fresh cheese tortellini (deli section) 
  • 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese balls
  • 2 TB. prepared pesto
  • 24 small slice of pepperoni
  • 24 grape tomatoes
  • skewers
Directions:
  • Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and pat dry on paper towels.
  • Mix tortellini and mozzarella balls with pesto.
  • Wrap pepperoni around mozzarella ball, thread on skewer with tortellini and grape tomatoes.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...