Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Friday, September 11, 2015

The World According to Bella

My Report Card from Dr. Steve
I read Dr. Steve's report from my annual physical exam. I missed all the good stuff written because all I could see were these horrible words except for being overweight. I was definitely worried. I knew they'd now cut my rations, eliminate any extra treats and take me on more walks. 
UGH! 
Mr. C and Mrs. S and Dr. Steve think 85.9 lbs is way too much for me. I'm supposed to be between 75 and 80. You know maybe I need a trip out west. Remember I did lose weight on that trip.    
Guess I've sat too much in my hole during the long hot spell. But at least I did a real good job keeping watch on Mrs. S' flowers. AND don't forget I took yard guard duty quite seriously even getting up during the middle of the night and early morning to make yard checks looking for intruders. 
Mrs. S thinks I should be more positive and look at the good stuff written. She pointed out the yellow highlighted sentences in 
Exam findings... 
Mouth, teeth and gums: beautiful teeth! excellent job.
Fur softer than most dogs
Diagnosis: Bella appears to be in excellent health except for being overweight. 
Boot Camp here I come. Mrs. S says I have only 8 weeks until opening deer season. I need to fit into my orange neoprene vest. Mrs. S made me try it on. Oh dear me, it does not fit.  
Mrs. S and I have come up with a plan to get me in shape. I thought maybe some blog readers might want to try losing weight along with me. So every Friday for the next 8 weeks until deer hunting opener. Mrs. S will be posting a weight watcher recipe with points. 
I suggested to Mrs. S she should start with this recipe because it had the lowest point count 3 of all the 10 recipes featured. http://becomingmartha.com/10-taste-tested-weight-watchers-recipes/2/
Banana bread is one of my favorite snacks. It was advertised insanely moist banana nut bread without all the fat!
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipe Banana Nut Bread
Servings: 26 slices (2 loaves) • Size: 1 slice • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 129.2 • Fat: 4.4 g • Carbs: 20.6 • Protein: 2.8 • Fiber: 1.4 g
Without Nuts:
Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 106.1 • Fat: 2.1 g • Carbs: 20.2 • Protein: 2.3 • Fiber: 1.2 g
Ingredients:

  • 7 ripe medium bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 2-1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 oz (3/4 cup) chopped walnuts
  • baking spray
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8 x 5 inch loaf pans with baking spray.
  • In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
  • In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
  • Add flour mixture and walnuts, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
  • Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
Love, Bella 
P.S. Here is another link Mrs. S and I thought you might like to see
31-delicious-weight-watchers-dinners-7-points-or-less/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...