Lilacs a harbinger of spring.
Minnesota lilacs in full bloom
Chicken Salad with Apples, Grapes, and Cranberries in a Yogurt Dressing
Cook's Notes: Add some healthiness to your chicken salad lunch with a yogurt dressing. Extra add-ins make this salad shine for a scrumptious meal. To reduce calories serve on a romaine lettuce leaf or with whole wheat bread.
- Chopped cooked chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken
- Chopped crisp apples
- Dried cranberries or cherries
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped celery
- Halved red grapes
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Plain Greek yogurt mixed with 1-2 teaspoons lite mayoniase
- In a bowl add all salad ingredients except romaine.
- Mix enough yogurt with mayonnaise only to moisten the salad.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to chill salad mixture.