"One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides."
W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
National Public Gardens Day May 10, 2013
Celebrate National Public Gardens Day, May 10th, by visiting a botanical garden, arboretum, or other public garden.
The following link has a site to download a coupon for free admission to be used on that dayhttp://www.nationalpublicgardensday.org/free-admission-offer/
On the right I posted some pictures that were taken in public gardens.
Grilled Pork Chops with Spicy BBQ Sauce
2 pork chops or pork loin and 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 TB. brown sugar
- 1 TB. apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (this gives it a little kick)
- Season chops with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil
- Make sauce while chops are grilling and check for doneness when it registers 145 on a meat thermometer
- Remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest 3 minutes
- Heat 1 TB. oil in a pot and saute onion till soft, add in rest of ingredients and simmer on low 15 minutes or until sauce thickens
- Puree in blender and serve sauce with chops
Option: Making sauce and basting chops while grilling
Serving: In the photo the chops were served with Broccoli salad (recipe posted April 19, 2013) and Parmesan Potatoes (recipe posted April11)