Sometimes we all need to add a little sparkle to our day. Consider these 43 DIY Ideas from buzzfeed.com
Add glitter to give some lift to your shoes for that special occasion
or perhaps add some sparkle to change a candle from ordinary to spectacular.
Add edible sparkles to your favorite recipe. This tutorial is easy to follow on how to make your own edible glitter sparkles. It would be perfect sprinkled over warm chocolate sauce.
Homemade Chocolate Kahlua Sauce
Cook's notes: The recipe directions from the Yummy site said: preparation 5 minutes. I was skeptical but my neighbor timed it and it was right on. Couldn't have been easier.
Options include: Adding edible sprinkles or crushed nuts
Substitute Amaretto or Baileys Irish Cream for the Kahlua
- 6 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips ( I tested with Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 TB. butter
- 1-2 TB. Kahlua (could substitute Amaretto)
- In a double boiler heat water and in upper or top pan add chips, cream and butter
- Whisk several times to blend and cook till thick about 3-4 minutes
- Whisk in liqueur
- Serve warm sauce over ice cream or frozen yogurt or store sauce in refrigerator and microwave later adding some cream to thin out sauce