Florida Avocado Summer Wrap
Cook's notes: Did you know there are two kinds of avocados? One kind is from California and the other Florida. The Florida avocado has the same buttery avocado taste and texture but has less fat than traditional California avocado. Hummus comes in many different flavors. I liked the roasted red pepper hummus for this wrap.
This link provides more detail between the Florida and California avocado.
This wrap was the perfect choice for my daughter's visit. She is a vegetarian. Healthy ingredients with lots of flavor make this a great light summer meal.
- 2 large wraps (any variety and flavor)
- 1/2 Florida avocado, peeled and sliced into thick strips
- 1 medium red or yellow tomato
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 4 TB. lemon or lime juice
- 1 TB. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 6 TB. prepared hummus spread. thin out with a little lemon or lime juice.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 TB. sunflower seeds
- Slice avocado in half, remove pit and rub extra half with lemon or lime juice. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Coat avocado slices in lemon or lime juice, add pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a bowl add a splash of lemon or lime juice, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Toss onions and tomatoes with lemon or lime mixture.
- Warm tortillas until they are soft and pliable. Spread 3 TB. hummus on each wrap, Divide avocado slices, place on hummus. Add tomato/onion mixture, shredded carrots and sunflower seeds. Roll wrap and secure with a toothpick.
Turkey Avocado Wrap
recipe from iowagirleats.com
- whole wheat tortillas
- 4-6 pieces lean deli turkey
- 6 TB. hummus spread-(Basil Pesto or Roasted Pine Nuts are good choices)
- red onion slices
- romaine lettuce
- optional: sliced strawberries
- Spread hummus on warmed tortilla.
- Add avocado, lettuce, turkey and onion slices
- Wrap and secure with a toothpick.
It's A Wrap-Part 2 next posting
Check out this link for more than 50 uses for baking soda.
Some noteworthy ones include:
1. Coffee Mug Stains: Remove stains from coffee mugs by wiping mug with a wet cloth then rub the inside of the mug with bicarb. If the stains are stubborn, soak overnight in hot water and baking soda.
2. Bathtub Miracle Paste: Make a cleaning paste with baking soda and bleach then apply to wet sponge to scrub off grime when wiping the tub down.
3. Sink Scrub: Clean a stainless steel sink by sprinkling it around the sink then scrubbing down with a damp sponge.4. Remove Grey or Black Cutlery Markings On China: Dab a damp sponge in baking soda and rub the marks gently, they should rub out.
5. Remove Sticky Goo Left Behind By Stickers & Labels: Mix with water to make a paste then rub gently into the goo, then wipe off with a warm wet cloth.