Do you think maybe just maybe, there is a pot of gold waiting for me at the end?
that... A rainbow is a color spectrum in the shape of an arc that appears when sunlight shines on the water drops at low altitude angle. A rainbow can be observed clearly when the sky is dark with rain clouds and one is standing in the direction of the sunlight. One commonly spots a rainbow near a fountain or waterfall. There are seven colors that form a rainbow. These rainbow colors include red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. The rainbow does not have a particular position in the sky. It always appears in the opposite direction of the sun and in respect to the position of the observer. The rainbow appears at an angle of 40° to 42° between the line on the observer's head and his/her shadow.
A secondary rainbow is seen appearing outside the primary rainbow and is particularly duller in color than the original rainbow. Also, the natural colors of the rainbow in order are inverted compared to the primary rainbow. This means instead of the red towards the outside, it is on the inside and blue is on the outer side of the double rainbow.
Cornbread Shortcake with Grilled Ham and Fresh Peach and Blueberry Salsa
Cook's notes:This dish features the down-home flavors of cornbread, smoked grilled ham, and peaches. The dressy presentation lends itself to a memorable summer meal.
Cornbread can be made from scratch using your own recipe or use a prepared box of honey cornbread mix.
recipe adapted from Cooking Light and serves 4
- 1 box of cornbread mix or 1 cornbread recipe of your own
- 1 ham steak (precooked)
- 3 cups peeled peaches, diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- red onion slices
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 TB. shallots, minced
- 2 TB. fresh cilantro, chopped or 1 TB. dried cilantro
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 1 TB. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 cup creamed corn
- In a blender add orange juice, cilantro, cumin, sugar, lime juice, minced shallots and red pepper flakes.
- Pulse a few times to mix. Pour into a bowl and add peaches, blueberries, cantaloupe and red onion slices. Cover and chill one hour.
- Prepare cornbread adding in 1/2 tsp. thyme and 1/2 cup creamed corn to the batter. Bake in a 9 inch cake pan with 2 inch sides. Follow baking directions on box or with your recipe.
- Remove cooked cornbread from oven. Poke random holes in baked cornbread with a long wooden skewer. Drizzle honey over the top. Cool pan on a wire rack.
- Grill ham turning once during cooking time.
- Slice cornbread pieces in half horizontally. Place on bottom half of cornbread a piece of grilled ham steak. use a slotted spoon and top with 2 TB. salsa.
- Place top half of the cornbread piece off to side. See picture.
A torrential and steady downpour forced Bella to retreat from her usual resting hole up to the porch.