On the last page it listed a lot of things on how Labs got to be #1 on the AKC Breed Popularity list. I just knew they were talking about me when I heard the words: trustworthy, playful, eager to please, good temperament, quick, enthusiastic learner and enjoys swimming and retrieving. Mr.C said the only thing they forgot to list was my OCD over digging holes.
Did you notice I got my picture on this page too?
I just love mail so send me some.
- 1 egg
- 1 TB. water
- 4-5 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 TB. flour
- 1/3 cup crushed almonds or chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1 sheet, thawed Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
- 2 TB. coarse sugar or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl with a whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir peaches, brown sugar, 1 TB flour , nuts, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and vanilla.
- Unfold the pastry sheet and place on floured sheet of wax paper. Roll out to a 14 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Use a slotted spoon to drain some of the juices and spoon the mixture down the center of the pastry. Cut slits 1 inch apart from the long sides of the pastry to within 1/2 inch of the peach mixture.
- Starting at one end, fold the pastry strips over the peach mixture, alternating sides, to cover the peach mixture. Tuck under the short ends of the pastry.
- Mix 1/2 tsp. cinnamon with 2 TB. sugar
- Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Let the pastry cool on the baking sheet on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Note: Avoid using the microwave to reheat pieces as it makes the crust soggy. Instead place pieces on a cookie sheet and heat at 425 degrees for 4 minutes.