Lucky for The Seasonal Plate and Ever Ready readers my issue of BHG Grilling Recipes Summer Sizzle was jam packed with recipes perfect for summer grilling.
http://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2016/08/its-thursday.html and topped off with Peach Almond Cobblerhttp://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2016/08/peach-almond-cobbler.html
These two recipes were previously posted.
Cook’s notes: If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes. Recipe makes 6 kabobs and is adapted from BHG Best Grilling Recipes 2016
- 2-3 tsp. of your favorite dry steak rub
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless beef sirloin
- Partially freeze meat for easier cutting and cut sirloin into 2 inch cubes.
- In a plastic bag add dry steak rub and meat pieces a few at a time, shaking to coat.
- Thread meat onto skewers leaving ¼ inch space between meat cubes.
- Grill meat skewers, uncovered over medium heat 8-12 minutes.
- To serve arrange beef kabobs over corn and orzo salad.
Salad Ingredients and Directions:
- Cook 2/3 cup dried orzo pasta according to package directions.
- Add in 2 cups fresh corn kernels (4 ears) the last 1 minute of cooking time. Drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl combine orzo mixture, 1-15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed, 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced, 1 cup mini bell orange pepper, diced, 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved and ½ cup thinly sliced red onions.
- Dressing can be made ahead, refrigerated until needed.
- In a blender or a screw top jar combine: 1 tsp. lime zest and ¼ cup lime juice, 1 tsp. dried cilantro or 1 TB. fresh cilantro, 2 TB. olive oil or lemon olive oil, 2 TB. honey, 2 garlic cloves minced and ½ tsp. salt. Optional 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped.
- Mix dressing and pour over corn and orzo salad. Serve orzo and corn salad at room temperature.