Balsamic Roasted Broccoli and Cherry Tomatoes
Recipe serves: 4
- 2 bunches of broccoli, separated into florets,stems removed
- 2 TB. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Lemon Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1- 1/2 TB. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- fresh basil leaves, snipped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl coat tomatoes and broccoli with oil.
- Spread mixture on baking sheet. Place diced garlic cloves among tomatoes and broccoli.
- Sprinkle mixture with balsamic vinegar, pepper and oregano. Roast about 14 minutes or until broccoli is lightly browned. Add in basil leaves last few minutes of baking time.
Cook's notes: Potatoes that are infused with Mediterranean flavors of oregano and thyme. Toss the potatoes in the dressing while still warm so that they can absorb more of the aromatic flavor.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 TB. olive oil or Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 TB. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 TB. drained capers
- Bring potatoes and water to cover to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain well.
- Mix oil, vinegar, oregano, parsley and thyme in large bowl until well blended. Add warm potatoes; toss to coat. Add tomatoes and capers; toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- Press ½ gallon (4 pints) softened vanilla ice cream into a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze until slightly firm, one hour. Depending on the size of your pan you may need more ice cream.
- Top with 1 cup caramel sauce (slightly warmed, if too thick) and ½ cup toasted sliced almonds. Freeze until firm, several hours and up to 2 days. To serve, remove from pan and slice.