"Get that monkey down and I mean right now!" he shouted. "He is ruining the display and look at all those socks on the floor!"
Several employees nearby were discussing just how to do this when Will came to the rescue. "Holokai, get down right now before you cause any more trouble,"said Will trying to sound mad.
"But Will, do I have to? You know how I just love to climb trees! Besides look what I found... monkey socks!"
Holokai waved the socks so Will could get a better look. "Holokai, you must come down right now!" Will yelled.
Holokai waved again to the crowd and scrambled down the tree. He was still clutching the monkey socks. The manager turned to Will and scolded him for not keeping a better eye on Holokai while in the store. Will offered to fix the display but the manger waved him off. Several onlookers came over to the manager and inquired when the next show would be and how funny the monkey was doing this ricks. Some asked where in the store could they find monkey socks.
Will paid for their purchases and checked his watch. "Holokai we have to hurry. Rocky Socky will be at the bus stop soon," said Will.
Just as they headed for the door they heard the manager yell,"Stop, wait a minute!"
All Rights Reserved Ready 2010
FYI: Parts of this story are based an actual experience when I once had a inquisitive preschooler. We were out shopping in a mall and he found a secret door in a store and jumped into the window display case.
- 1/2 can ( 8oz.) vegetarian fat free refried beans
- 1-160z. Chunky Salsa mild or hot
- 1 TB. chili powder
- 2 LBS. ground beef
- 2 cups Marble Jack cheese
- 1 cup green onion or yellow finely chopped
- Brown hamburger with onions and drain
- In same skillet add salsa mixture, refried beans, cheese and chili powder
- Simmer over low heat stirring mixture
- Do not cover since mixture should not become too watery
- Heat soft shell burritos in foil at 375 for about 15 minutes or until warm
- For each serving in center of burrito add meat mixture, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole and fold over