- 2 cups cherries, pitted and halved or substitute frozen pitted dark cherries
- 2 TB. Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Dressing or 1 TB. of a good quality balsamic vinegar or black cherry balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup prepackaged candied walnuts or pecans
- 8-10 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and patted dry on a paper towel
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Additional Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Dressing or a similar prepared dressing to finish off the salad or make own own balsamic dressing
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place cherries in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of balsamic dressing and toss well. Place cherries on a grill pan and grill until tender, about 5 minutes. Use a spatula to turn occasionally while cooking.
- In a large bowl, add greens, grilled cherries, blueberries, goat cheese, red onion and candied walnuts. Drizzle with additional balsamic dressing and serve immediately.
Banana Split Bites
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 lb cored pineapple
- 6 strawberries
- 1 cup melted dipping chocolate
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 12 Popsicle sticks (or skewers)
- Cut strawberries in half.
- For each strawberry half, cut an equal size piece of banana and pineapple.
- Place pineapple on first, then banana and lastly strawberry.
- Line a tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place skewered fruit on tray and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Put chopped nuts in small plate to use for dipping.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip cold fruit in chocolate, then into nuts, and place back on tray. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
and last but certainly not least 120 Fourth of July recipes
includes:7 drink recipes, 36 appetizers and snacks, 16 sides and over 60 desserts