Roasted Sweet Potatoes Southwest Style
Recipe adapted from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com and serves 2-3
- 3 cups sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup combination mini red and yellow peppers, diced
- 1 cup sweet onions e.g. Vidalia, cut into 1-inch chunks or red onions
- 2 TB. olive oil or Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. sweet or smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- Coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad.
- Toss sweet potatoes, peppers and onions with oil in large bowl. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Mix chile powder, paprika, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes or regular potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes or potatoes are tender and crispy, stirring halfway through cooking time.