Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The World According to Bella

Life is Better at the Lake 
What seemed like an endless ride back to Minnesota from Arizona finally came to halt by day three. When I wasn't keeping an eye on Mr. C and Mrs. S's driving 
making sure they were heading east than north, I did a lot of power napping.
I'm all about the trades and quite frankly I was more than happy  to trade this 

for life at the lake even if there's snow. So I really didn't  miss winter after all. Guess spring is skipping a turn this year or something like that.  

Check out two of the three most recent finds.
Each brought a decent trade.
The third find was a skull. It proved to be a tough drag home through the heavy wet snow and muddy roads. My jaws got real tired. Mrs. S was not home to see it. Mr.C failed to get a picture.  But let me tell each time the trades did get better. The skull trade was the best of all, a large piece of chicken.  Note I was not about to give the skull up too fast after all the work it was getting it back home.  
But here I am sleeping on  the job after all that hard work when  
I should have been on alert for the baby raccoon. He was busy rustling up some mid day lunch from a bag of garbage Mrs. S had set down briefly before heading to the garbage can. Here's what I heard happened next from Mrs. S. 

Mr. C  yelled but the raccoon only moved off the porch to the the steps. Mr.C and Mrs S both looked at the raccoon. The raccoon looked back at Mr. C and Mrs. It was hungry and really wanted lunch. They yelled more and it ran under the porch. Mr.C being a techy sort of guy went straight to the Internet for ideas on how to get rid of it. He tried pouring ammonia down through the cracks and shining a bright light on it. Idea #3 woke me up with a start. The radio was turned up real loud to talking voices not music. Apparently that is supposed to be scarier to a raccoon than loud music.  Well idea #3 worked for a day but now the raccoon is back with a brother or a sister. All that loud radio noise is disturbing my sleep.  Mr. C may have to think of something else. I want to know where is their mother. They should be supervised better.

I wanted you to see a picture of what I was doing last April 14th after Mr. C put the dock in.  I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait to do this again. 

Love, Bella

1 comment:

Croissant Strata with Sausage Filling and Monterey Cheese

"That is one good thing about this world... there are always sure to be more springs." -L.M.Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea Croissant ...