Caprese SaladCook's notes: Use a narrow long platter and alternate ingredients as shown in picture. Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar was used in this caprese salad/appetizer. Pair with Artisan bread and your favorite white wine.
- 1 bag of spinach leaves with stems removed
- 3 large tomatoes, vine ripened, sliced and patted dry on a paper towel
- Torn basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and pepper
- Slices of mozzarella cheese,cut diagonally
- Arrange spinach leaves on bottom of platter.
- On top of spinach, place cheese and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with sea salt and pepper, torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and grate the salad with Parmesan cheese.