Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, October 17, 2020

2020

So I think we can all agree the year of 2020 has no rules. It's one like we've never seen before and feels like it has lasted for at least 5 years or more. Since I'll be missing Halloween, Thanksgiving  and Christmas in Minnesota, I decided to roll all three holidays into one, invite my daughter and husband and two dogs over for a turkey dinner. I started with a tree preceded by early Christmas shopping. Why not it's 2020 and who cares if it's all out of order. The whole world is out of order anyway. 

I highly recommend putting a tree up with lights before Halloween. Sadly, I gave most of my Halloween decorations away to dear friend who loves the holiday as much as I do. But these  twinkling lights were the perfect stand in. 

I was surprised what a mood booster it is looking at a lighted tree. Even the weather was out of order with heavy wet flakes creating a winter wonderland . 

I created a dinner that included 3 holidays
Turkey (was surprised to even find one this early in a local up north grocery store) 
Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash 
https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2018/10/wiid-rice-salad-with-roasted-butternut.html
Boursin Mashed Potatoes 
I requested "Alexa" to play some holiday songs. 


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, to celebrate three holidays in one given you will soon be off to warmer climates. (Lucky you.) I like your idea of placing lights in your home. I need to think of a creative way to do this. The more light the better as we move into this season of short days and too much darkness. Safe travels, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Book Review Echoes of Forgotten Places

Helen Wand is a master storyteller who makes a time period in history come alive with her new novel, "Echoes of Forgotten Places."...