RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS
Today I found myself on the receiving end of a random act of kindness. One of my lake neighbors is an avid knitter. She volunteered to make me an afghan and send it to Arizona. Indeed she did and what a spectacular array of lovely colors woven creating a wonderful piece of workmanship.Such a thoughtful gift. I must think of some unexpected gift and pay it forward to someone else.
Cook's Notes on Thanksgiving
I realize the turkey is the main event but I chose not to include any turkey cooking recipes in my blog this week. I am aware we all have our own style and a method down we are comfortable wih to turn out a moist and succulent turkey for the big day. So my recipes this week from Ever Ready were focused on sides.
By the time the dinner is over and you are ready for dessert you might find yourself full though there's always room for a small slice of pumpkin or pecan pie.
I chose to feature desserts where really a small bite will do and are big on flavor. Remember these Oreo cookies last spring and Halloween that got a makeover? https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2011/11/lets-talk-turkey.htmlwell here is my new minty version just in time for holidays.
- I package of regular Mint Oreo cookies-do not use Double Stuff or Thins.
- 4 0z. baking chocolate not chips
- 1 package melting chocolate wafers
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, break up the chocolate bar and add the chocolate melting wafers. Microwave on 30-second increments until the mixture is smooth.
- Use a tong and coat each cookie front and back with chocolate. Place on wax paper. The cookie coating sets quickly so add sprinkles when you have three cookies coated.
- Place baking sheet in freezer 20 minutes to set.
Let's Talk Turkey https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2011/11/lets-talk-turkey.html
Mini Pumpkin Biteshttps://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2012/11/pumpkin-pie-bites.html
White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse
Key Lime Mousse Tarts with Blackberries and Key Lime Shooters with Pretzels
all 3 recipes are on the link below