Baileys Butterscotch Brownieshttp://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2016/03/march-madness.html
Hot Reuben Appetizershttp://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2015/03/naomi-shihab-nye.html
Cheddar and Herb Boxty
Cook's notes: Don't just wait for St. Patrick's Day to try this decadent cupcake. It is moist and a wonderful combination of flavors. I guarantee you'll be licking the frosting bowl!
- 1 cup of Guinness Draught beer at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter plus 2 TB. butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup sour cream (light)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 TB vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Pour beer into saucepan, add in chunks of butter, melt on a low heat.
- Whisk in cocoa and sugar, stir mixture until a bit thick and sugar is dissolved. Remove from stove.
- In a bowl beat sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Add in beer/sugar/cocoa mixture and beat until well mixed.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and espresso powder. Add to wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tins. Fill each liner with batter 3/4 cup full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until center comes clean using a toothpick.
- Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 TB. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Beat butter and Baileys until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix well. May need to add in milk to get correct frosting consistency.
- Add a little sparkle to your cupcakes with green sprinkles.